Trail Guidelines and Expectations
Please follow the following guidelines
- Expect two way traffic on all trails at all times. BE AWARE!
- Ride in control at all times and at a speed that will enable you to stop in time to avoid collisions.
- Never ride alone.
- Wear proper protective gear at all times.
- You must have proper third party liability and a driver license (on you) to ride on Forest Service Roads (FSRs). Failure to do so can result in a substantial fine.
- Please respect our hard work and effort and only ride on trails within YOUR riding ability. If you are stuck on a trail or feel you are “over your head”, turn around. “Spinning out” only destroys the trail.
- Be sensitive to wet areas and heavy rain. Please avoid heavy throttle or any type of riding that could damage the wet, soft ground.
- Please stay on the trails.
The Windermere Valley has many great areas to explore with different terrain. We are currently in the process of securing a riding area that offers access for all riding abilities. In the meantime some other riding areas we could suggest to use at your own discretion would be:
Some things to consider when riding:
- Be respectful of others using the trails. Slow down or stop when you meet others on the trail and pass with care.
- Be responsible and respectful of the environment. Stay on existing trails and leave no trace. “Tread Lightly!”
- Pack it in and pack it out. Leave the area cleaner than you found it by taking out MORE garbage than you bring in.
- Be legal. Spark arrestors are required and sound must be a maximum of 96dBA or less.
- WVDR has marked some trails as “non-motorized” trails. Please don’t ride on them as they may pass through environmentally sensitive areas, private property, etc. Ensure you are riding in areas appropriate for motorized vehicles.
- Riding with a more experienced rider is always a great idea, please, NEVER RIDE ALONE
- The Windermere Valley Dirt Riders strongly depend on membership fees to maintain and build trails. All money collected goes directly towards maintenance and further development.